Thursday, October 16, 2014

DIY Halloween and Thanksgiving Pumpkin Pot


I like to decorate with items that can transition from the Halloween season to Thanksgiving. That way I only have to decorate once for Fall. Decorating with bright plants and the color of the season (Pantone's Cypress) help bring a Fall feel to your space. I like using inexpensive materials so that I can change up my pots and secondary colors every year.

Follow the instructions below to make your own fall pumpkin pot. 

What you will need:

  • Plastic pumpkin holders 
  • Paint - I used the color for fall (Pantone's Cypress)
  • Paint brush
  • Hot glue gun
  • Ribbon
  • Scissors
  • Exacto knife/ box cutter

Supplies

I got the inspiration for the project when I saw these $1 pumpkins at my local store

Start off by painting your plastic pumpkins. I ended up painting 2 thin layers of paint. 

Let dry. After they are dry, puncture a small hole in the bottom of the plastic. This will allow water to drain when you water your plants.

For an added embellishment, you can add ribbon to your design. Use hot glue for a mess free application. 
 
I like to use mums in my decor. They come in many bright fall colors and are easy to take care of.

Voila!
Turn the pot's face out during Halloween and then turn the pot around for Thanksgiving! Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment